I have a Craftsmen 14.4 volt cordless drill. Both batteries over the years have crapped out and do not hold a charge. So I took apart the battery housing and put some banana plugs on it the base of it and ran some 14 gauge wire to the terminals. Works great with 12 volts. So until I can locate a battery I can only use this drill at the bench. Comes in handy for drilling small holes into project boxes and such. There is one draw back with this setup. I have to ease the trigger a bit. If I pull back the trigger too fast the power supply goes into protection mode. My guess is the drill motor is sucking up too much current at once. It’s not too bad, just give the motor enough juice that it wants to turn then I can give it full throttle.